Thursday, February 23, 2012

Thursday Feb 24

The second day of our teaching is now over.  I am reflecting on the day.  Its pretty amazing to be here actually.  Never in my wildest dreams did I ever think I would step foot in this beautiful country.

I have a different perspective and appreciation for the people of this land.  We have been treated so well.  I do not deserve  any of it.

Some observations of my day:

I have been sort of stuck in my teaching mode by using power point slides all the time.  I was having some issues with the slides at the start of my class today.  I am teaching on the Holy Spirit and the scriptures.  Instead of fighting with the machine I decided to turn it off and simply go old school.  I used a white board and pen.  I would write key thoughts up on the board in english.  The main language here is Tamil:  this is a simple example - நான்   Which means hello.  
It really doesn't matter what I write up on the board for most of the people don't know what I am writing.  But if I put up a simple scripture verse they are right on it.  I have never seen such passion to read the scriptures.


I did two lessons today with a shared lesson tomorrow with Steve on SA doctrine and one more lesson on the Holy Spirit then I am done with my lectures.  I am giving the message for the closing covenant service on Saturday afternoon.  I will also be preaching at a local Corps Sunday..


I will never forget the passion of their prayers for me and Steve this morning.  The whole room burst out in a chorus of united prayers for us and our teaching today.  I was very moved by their words that I didn't understand.  But the spirit helped me greatly to make sense of it.


Many lessons I am taking away from here. Too many actually to even comment on.  Its nice to have simple internet service again.  I have been staying in touch with home and work situations.  So that makes it all since less so far away.


One of the translators today thanked me after my first session.  He said that he was touched deeply by what I had to share.  That even older officers needed to hear once again about the 'ruah' of God.  Breathe on me breath of God, fill me with life aknew.


I want to thank those of you who are following this journey.  I wish I had a way to post photos but there is no wireless connection here for my iPhone which is my camera.  I also don't have iTunes set up on this laptop so I can't transfer the photos.  I will see what I can do with that.


Keep praying.

1 comment:

salvo.gurl said...

I am enjoying your blog Major! When you left I wondered how is he going to teach people who don't speak English and how would a translator get everything our passionate Teacher teaches. I am reminded by your blog of Gods amazingness once again. HE speaks everyone's language. We miss you here and can't wait to see pics and hear all about our brothers and sisters in India. Be safe!
Cadet Marianne