Sunday, February 26, 2012

A Sunday at the Dennispuram Corps & the tip of India

Our last day of ministry has come and gone now as I reflect back on this day.  My morning started just fine as I finally slept in past 7 am.  That is just super fantastic that it took 6 days for my body clock to adjust.  Just in time for my return trip home!

The TC picked me up at 9 am and we drove to the Dennispuram Corps.  The tradition when special guests come to visit is that there is a little parade through the village.  It brings a blessing to the people living there, as they holy guests are visiting.  Pretty humbling to be walking with all of these folks, they were beating the drums and carrying the Army flag. 

We got to the rustic Corps building.  Basically an small chapel with a bell tower which they are very proud of.  The DC and his wife arrived for the parade.  On a motor scooter!  Scooters are hip here!  They are everywhere.

We had a lovely worship service that lasted about two hours.  Every person in the Corps came to greet me on the platform with pieces of fruit. Three home league ladies sang a welcome song to me and they shot off these confetti guns and I was covered in glitter. 

I preached a very simple message of holiness and three quarters of the Corps responded.  The mercy seat was filled and even people were kneeling in the aisle.  I will never forget that moment.

We had our last lunch with the TC and his wife.  He wanted to take us on a little tour of the tip of India so we traveled with him and two other officers to the place where the Sea of Bengal, the Indian Ocean and the Arabian Sea all converge.  It was a nice time of fellowship and enjoying a bit of the local flavor.  We had tea and then stopped in a shop in Nagercoil for a few things before coming back to the hotel.

Our journey home begins in the morning at 9:30 am as we head to the airport.  Its a pretty long trip home, almost 40 hours if my math is right.  Its just long.  I am looking forward to a fresh salad and a hot shower, maybe even a hamburger.

I will have a bit more time to put down some of my thoughts of all I experienced in the next few days.  My day is ending now but I feel like I have turned a new page in my life after my experience here.


2 comments:

Blair C. Mielke said...

Looking forward to having you back home with us Major F. Your Crestmont family misses you, and has you in prayer. Blessings.

Blair C. Mielke said...
This comment has been removed by the author.