Wednesday, February 15, 2012

It wasn't on the bucket list but is now

Leading up...

A few months ago I was notified by our Chief Secretary that I had been invited to be an instructor at a Brengle Institute in South Eastern India near the end of February 2012.  

That time is now here.  On my door step.

I have the privilege of going with my good friend Major Steve Bradley to team teach anywhere between 45 and 60 officer and soldiers.  The details have been a tad sketchy.  We do know we are going to Nagacoil (sp), staying in a hotel and teaching at a Salvation Army facility.

There are two unfortunates for this pending trip. The first is that my wife doesn't get to journey with me.  Before you feel sad and mad, she will be at a dude ranch in Texas for Arrowleadership Training during this time.  Its the reason she doesn't get to go.

The other unfortunate is that traveling to India was never on my bucket list. I never had a desire nor interest to travel and see this country.

Although while at the Kroc Center, we did host an Indian cultural festival and were invited to join the Ambassdaor from India of the UN for dinner.  It was a wonderful event that displayed all of the cultures, dances, religions of this beautiful country. 

I am getting nervous and excited.  Nervous because leading up to this my schedule has been very busy and I am sure I wont get everything done before I leave.  I am excited because its really an opportunity of a lifetime, not afforded to every officer.

I am planning to use my blog spot to share some of my experiences.  I hope to take photos, share my new friends with you and share what God is doing in my life along the way.

Watch for updates as I ramp up for our 32 hour journey there and our 6 days teaching and sharing on the doctrine of holiness with the faithful Salvationists in that land.

Your prayers, will be very special to me.

More to come.

2 comments:

Bradcha said...

Tim,

My thoughts and prayers will be with both you and Steve as you begin this incredible journey of faith and obedience. I will be praying for your health and safety as you experience a very different culture. I will be praying that God will give you the words to say not only from your head but also your hearts and lives. I am sure that this will be a life changing experience for both you and those that you will minister to. May God use you in a mighty way. "You will go out in joy and be led forth in peace; the mountains and hills will burst into song before you, and all the trees of the field will clap their hands.: Isaiah 55:12

Bradcha said...

Tim,

New to this blogging - Bradcha is Charleen Bradley. lol