Wednesday, October 13, 2010

They are at it again

http://christiannightmares.tumblr.com/post/1306799574/red-alert-warning-from-william-tapley-aka-the

Ok.  My blood pressure is rising.  Of course "the third eagle of the revelation" has spoken to the world reminding us that today is the start of the end of the world, with WWIII ready to start.  Somewhere between now and Nov 29 God is taking the faithful 'protestants' up to heaven leaving everyone one else to fend for themselves. 


I am not sure what it is but fall always seems to be a popular time for Jesus to be coming back to make things right.  I stumbled across this link today while on my twitter account - ChristianNitemare.  Its a blog that posts up some incredible strange and stupid things people are doing in the name of Christianity.   This one caught my eye since it was telling me its a 'red alert warning.' 

I actually came to Christ as the result of a gospel tract proclaiming the end of the world.  That was in 1978.  And here I am.  Still.  Those self proclamied dates of His glorouis return have come and gone.  Since then of course there have been others that have come along, tossing out dates, while all along ignoring what Jesus said himself: "No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angeles in heaven, nor the Son but only the Faither."  Matthew 24:36

Its pretty clear folks.  When Jesus says no one knows, I think he does know what he is talking about.  Yet the spiritual amongst keep at it, figuring it all out before the angels or the Son of God get any clues.

Amazing.

For me, I am enjoying this life while I still have breath.  Too many wonderful things to see and do and experince.  Too many people to help, to comfort, to aide, and to bring hope to.

Some may choose to believe this guy's words.  I don't.   I simply choose to 'occupy until He comes.'

Be assured, I found a new funny place that will certainly engage more thoughts from me.  I may be considered a 'false prophet' but I think I am closer to interpreting God's word than this guy is.

Lord, save me from your followers.

No comments: