Tuesday, October 12, 2010

I am back!

I am not sure where my blog went or why I stopped writing. I have numerous journals that have these wide gaps - sometimes several years of no entries. I thought I had over come that with this new fan dangled way of posting to the world, but alas, it has not been there.

Since I last wrote of course lots of things have occurred in my life. I will spare the details other than to say my health is good, my mind is sound, I am still in love with my wife, my family and of course, my God.

I need to get back to writing some things about my journey. Things I have been observing, thinking about.

A big issue I am wrestling with at the moment is 'to do or not to do.' I am sorely tempted these days to keep my brain engaged and have been actively looking into furthering my education by entering a PhD program. So much so that I have active applications open but something is causing me to just not jump through the hoops yet. It may be the commitment of time that is involved. It may be a little hesitation of the thought that I could even consider entering some sort of brainy-aic venture. I haven't been this undecisive since who I was going to vote for in my first presidential election way back when. I am sure I have more thoughts on this that perhaps posting in this blog will help.

But for now, I want to discipline myself to not write about my sniveling, whiny complaints or nagging thoughts. I do want to write and describe what things God is teaching me through this journey.

Thanks for following. I hope you can gleam something from what is upcoming here and you will be able to engage with me on this journey.

T

No comments: