Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Blocked Blog

So just when I was getting into the rhythm of writing in this old blog of mine again I hit a snag.  I have been offline due to limited access and blocked access.  Sometimes 'websense' makes no sense to me but I am flattered that my blog was blocked by Salvation Army access.  Then I found out the yahoo maps was blocked as well so I knew it wasn't a personal thing!

We had a terrific National Training Seminar at the Eastern Territories College for Officer Training.   I will write more about that experience soon.  What a grand time that was.

We have also had the chance to get to spend time with our daughter and son in law, Laura & Adam Fyn who showed us all around New York City.

Cindy had been invited to give a Kroc Talk to the good folks of the Camden New Jersey Corps.  We will continue to pray for Majors Cain and their staff as this beautiful center is starting to rise from the ashes in a city desperate for something like this.

We have also had the chance to spend time with some of our favorite people on planet earth: Mark and Josephine Morton and their beautiful girls.  They are playing host to us as we spend a couple of days with them in their home and we plan to visit the countryside of Pennslyvian.

I am taking a few days to unplug and unwind, doing this thing called 'sabbath.'  Needing time to retreat a bit as a busy academic year awaits.

More entries await.  Thanks for reading and for your words of encouragement.  Happy Summer!


No comments: